Thursday, April 06, 2006

I finally found chimichurri!

I absolutely and 100% l-o-v-e chimichurri sauce. Les and I get it from the Santana Row Farmer's Market on Sundays. Because it's been raining and we've had other things to do on Sundays, I've been without my chimichurri.

So, I was browsing around Epicurious.com - a site I don't normally like but Sheri pointed me to a recipe that I was willing to try tonight - parsnip and sweet potato puree....and I found a recipe for flank steak chimichurri sauce there! Oh I was so happy. Yes. Happy about chimichurri - you don't understand....it's like a wonder-condiment. You can put it on eggs and pasta and potatoes and everything else that you could think of.

Although it was drizzling outside, I started up the grill and threw the seasoned flank steak on it. I love the smell of anything being made on the grill. It takes me back to the days when I was younger and my dad would make us steak and ribs in Georgia on our grill. Happy times.

3 comments:

Sara said...

that looks so good. i tried a bottled chimichurri sauce once and didn't like it, but it sure didn't look that good.

it's only fuel said...

hmmm...yeah, not sure if I'd try any kind of bottled chimichurri. Much better fresh, that's why we get it at the farmer's market.

The recipe is here and don't take any of the readers' suggestions on changing the recipe. Well, with the exception of adding more garlic (I used 4 large cloves instead of 1) but everything else is perfect the way it is.

Anonymous said...

your site is beautiful and it look good hope it will taste thesame.