Sunday, May 21, 2006

Carribean Spice Rubbed Chicken & Pineapple Salsa

Mom brought over the latest Fine Cooking edition and she wanted so badly to beat Sheri and Amy to the punch to make a recipe from this mag for once, we gathered all of the ingredients and had ourselves a nice dinner.

There are a few different rubs that this issue brings forth, but the Carribean spices seemed the most tantalizing to me. I love cumin and brown sugar together...so it was immediately a winner.

After pounding the chix breast, I coated them with the spice rub and threw 'em on the barbie. They cooked quickly, barely gave me enough time to make the pinapple salsa. I didn't follow the recipe for this, I gave it my own twist be leaving out the radishes and substituting black beans instead as this was an actual side dish, not just something to top the chicken.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This dish was absolutely delicious! It was the perfect dinner for the finish of a perfect day.

Sara said...

looks really good. i've been cooking a lot with pineapple lately, but nothing this tasty.

Kewl Nitrox said...

So glad to see you back and in good form! :D

Must confess it is the corn on the cob that got to me.... Looks absolutely yummy!