Okay, it's been months. Guess I just lost interest for a while. But I realize that this blog kept me kind of sane by giving me a place in the world to force my thoughts out of my head. So, here goes.
Things I've done since last post (in most recent order...because the memory ain't what it used to be):
1) Tour d'Organics 100K bike tour with Sheri. Beautiful ride, even better being with my buddy but the promise of local organic fare left a lot to be desired....there's only so much freakin' fruit you can eat during a ride...give me bread and meat please! I know it was a vegan event....I was in way over my head!
2) Les and I went to the new rock climbing gym with Larry and Sheri. They belayed us and it was so much fun, I'm fairly certain we are hooked and will do it every other week or so.
3) Training for TWO half marathons in October - The inaugural Rock 'n Roll San Jose half marathon and the Silicon Valley half mary on my company's team.
4) BBQ at the Carter's . Had some friends over, ate yummy food, opened the bottle of Absinthe we brought back from the UK in January. It sure smells pretty, but lights your throat/esophogus/belly on FIRE when you drink it.
5) Joined Bally Fitness Center and got myself a personal trainer to boot my ass into shape. I think muscle memory has gotten the best of me, so Lawrence is completely kick-starting the metabolism:) It's hard work but also a lot of fun because he's become a good friend too.
6) Pool party at our friend Shawn's house. Managed to work up the confidence to put a bikini on....and realized after seeing the photos that I really shouldn't have done that! Hence the reason for personal trainer.
7) Every Thursday is FHT again. This was a house music gig that Les started up four years ago, but it fizzled out. Now we're at SoFA Lounge in downtown San Jose and it's a perfect happy hour gig.
8) I got an "A" in the business class I took in college:) Will do more classes this fall. Shit! That's NOW! Guess I should register, eh?
This is where the memory fades...