Sunday, August 27, 2006

Weekend Update 8/26-27

Saturday I woke up and made Les a proper English breakfast. Well...as proper as I can handle anyway...I just can't bring myself to buying/preparing black pudding (blood sausage) so I made him chicken sausage instead. Alongside was baked beans, tomato slices, toast and bacon. My breakfast was quite different because I am the healthy one in the relationship.

I ran six miles on the Los Gatos Creek Trail. My preparation for these half marathons coming up has been less than existent. If I want to even finish these races, I need to run at least three times a week, I'm lucky if it's even one. Too much time at the gym. I need to run. So I did:) And I broke Huggy in the process. She's getting too old to run with me any distance over three miles. Poor girl has very sore paws today.

We went to the last pool party of the summer at Shawn's house (no pics this time...camera was dropped on the floor for the last time of it's life...it doesn't want to work anymore) Was nice to see the usual suspects, the music was excellent as usual....it doesn't hurt that I'm totally doing the DJ, so I get to listen to the good music all the time:D The water was refreshing although I only like to soak and tan in the pool anymore, I think I'm done with actual swimming until next tri season.

Sunday, we went for a hike at Coyote Lake Trail with our friends Melanie and Steve. I think our trek took us just under ten miles. It was a great workout:) Afterwards we had In 'N Out Burger:D Melanie & Steve just moved here from Utah and are the active type, so we've got lots of things to show them. They also snowboard, so we're definitely going to take many Tahoe trips together.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Poor Huggy! Coco doesn't run with us on training runs, but Larry will run her sometimes in the mornings for a couple of miles.

I'm with you on the swimming. Actually, it's the pool that really turns me off. Open water is still good.

Tanning = BAD. Naughty girl! :)

Deb said...

Sounds fun! I was in Los Gatos a few weeks ago...ate at Patricks Side St Cafe and the food was insane. No blood sausage....I'm with you on that!