Monday, March 26, 2007

7 mile run in a snap

Yeah, weird. I haven't run in about a week, but today was amazing. My coach told me to stay in zone 1-2 for 1:20:00, but I forgot what made up my zones for running, so I was really in Z1 the entire time! Hence, I should have done 8-9 miles in that time, but it was good to go slow. I'm still building my aerobic base so slow is perfectly fine. Aside from that, I had my doggie with me and she doesn't do well past five miles.

I feel fantastic today. I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect from going on the South Beach diet yesterday, but for some reason not eating any sugar or refined carbs is definitely agreeing with me. I love the fact that they give me a meal plan and a shopping list each week. It's what I've always wanted. I don't like having to figure that stuff out on my own. I'll keep you posted on my progress:)

2 comments:

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deb said...

How sweet of you to mention my blog! We're all here to support and encourage each other, huh? The South Beach menu and shopping lists are very cool! Keep it goin sister.... you're going to race!