Thursday, June 16, 2005

I tried Zuni again

Alvin and Barbara came over for dinner tonight and we chowed down on some Zuni, bread salad, asparagus, and fingerling potatoes. The chicken was very moist and yummy, but the skin didn't crackle and brown like Sheri's and Amy's do. It doesn't matter because the star of this meal was the bread salad. It's always a hit, and it's so easy, and it's just so damn good! The way all the different textures mix together is amazing. I burned the pine nuts so I used Tamari Almonds instead and it was better I think....they gave more crunch.

Special thanks to Sheri for always answering the phone when I have a food prep emergency:D I made my first cheesecake, Oreo cheesecake, that is and I am very proud of myself for not deviating from the recipe. I was going to use mascarpone instead of cream cheese. I'm glad I didn't because I just realized I don't think I like mascarpone very much....and this cheesecake rocked! I've had it for breakfast and snacks for the past three days:D Thank god for triathlon...I'd be as big as a house if I wasn't training all the time!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Yummy! I'm glad your cheesecake turned out well. I love cheesecake.

Anonymous said...

I got to your blog kind of late, but the food was awesome! Thanks for having us over!