Saturday, May 14, 2005

"Tonight's dinner is yummy, baby!"

I thought the hubby would like it, I know I did for sure! Stuffed and grilled pork chops, roasted fingerling potatoes, and marinated spinach salad. Yes, spinach is a staple in our house:)

I got the pork chop idea from "Good Eats" with Alton Brown. It calls for the chops to be brined in cider vinegar and brown sugar and a few other things. I didn't have time to soak them for 2 hours as suggested, but 45 minutes worked just fine. I stuffed them with finely chopped pine nuts and dried apricots, a sprinkle of parm cheese, sage, and spinach. Yum.

I loved the fingerling potatoes, it was the first time I used them. I'm a fan now, thanks Sheri:) I cut the olive oil in half for them and the thyme and sage still infused the potatoes perfectly.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

You can definitely cut back on the olive oil for the potatoes. I just save it for later. Fingerlings rock. I picked up another bag at Andronico's today. Your pork chops sound really good! I love Alton Brown.