Monday, March 06, 2006

Clean Up

Thanks to Nytro we're making an effort to clean it up. And when I say "we're", I really mean I're and will force the husband to comply without making it seem like he's complying.

Nytro has consulted with a compound pharmacist about her PMS, raging hormones, illness and the possibility of estrogen dominance and adrenal fatigue. She posted up a few questions posed by Dr. James L. Wilson, the author of "Adrenal Fatigue". I was intrigued to say the least because I, by answering these questions positively, may be suffering from it. I think a lot of women might be suffering from it and not realize it. I have done some research on the world wide web...the in-ter-net, if you will, and have come to the conclusion that every damn doctor thinks they're an expert on this issue. I did come across a site that was fairly impartial..but also had a product to sell.

What I did learn, though...is that estrogen dominance is not necessarily a bad thing as long as the progesterone in your body balances it out at the right time. An estrogen imbalance causes lots of female issues like loss of libido, fatigue and increased mood swings. What we can all do to help out our friend progesterone (rather than take a progesterone pill) is take in less estrogen by switching to hormone-free and free-range/oranic products.

This is the first step I'm taking to see if I can get some things back to normal. I never even thought about it. If the cows and chickens are ingesting hormones and I eat them...that means I'm eating the hormones...and I don't need anymore of those, thank you very much. So, it's Trader Joe's and Whole Foods for all of our meat and fish from now on. I love those stores, they just aren't very conveniently located. Well, it's a small price to pay for my health, right? Right.

No comments: