Thursday, February 22, 2007

Amgen Tour of California - Stage 3

Amgen is a biotech company that specialized in cancer research. They are the sponsors of the Tour de California. This is a 700 mile road race that started in San Francisco and will end in Long Beach. San Jose hosted the finish line for stage 3 - they started very early this morning in Stockton and rode in around 3:30 p.m. It's not very often that world-class cyclist like Levi Leipheimer come into town so Huggy and I perched ourselves in the middle of stage 3.

Jens Voight
Jens Voigt (GER) came across the finish line first. Of all the pictures I took, I think his came out the best. I had my camera on the continuous setting with a one second delay, but these guys were riding so fast, they were past me in about one second! I captured really great photos of their support vehicles though:D

San Jose's finest were on patrol on their own bikes as well as their horses. I love the horses, so I got as many photos as they would put up with. It was a fun day.

Here is a link to the rest of the pictures.

No comments: