Saturday, February 17, 2007

San Jose Museum of Art

We met our friends Trish and Andy for brunch today at Lowry's Irish Coffee Shop. This is my very favorite place for coffee. On the days I have time, I stop by for a latte and veggie bagel before heading to work; that is just one block away.

Trish and Andy are two very special people that have bold characters and definitely stand out from the crowd. They don't look bold, but their personalities are strong and both have a comic delivery that makes you chuckle for days after you've talked to them.

Andy is Les' oldest friend from England. They grew up in the same small town, ended up going to the same university and ultimately moving to the Bay Area at the same time...all the while the other didn't know. They just bumped into each other while out one night. Kindred spirits, they are.

Trish is Andy's fiance and she's a lawyer. She's extremely smart and has a matter-of-fact way about her. I like her a lot and think she and Andy are completely meant for each other.

Anyway, enough about them. After lunch, we decided to walk around downtown San Jose. We ended up at the San Jose Museum of Art and went in for the M.C. Escher exhibit. This was mind-bending Op Art. I enjoy the weird, abstract kind of art. I think my favorite was, Rippled Surface. Les liked Puddle the best.

Due to copyright laws, I cannot post pictures of either of these works, I think I might be channelling Sheri and her moral values through me right now because I never would have had a problem with that until she mentioned how vehemently against it she is, but you can view them on The Official M.C. Escher website.

We walked around some more and talked about how San Jose needs more parking. They are building four high-rise condo buildings that have made accommodation for more retail and restaurant space, but no mention of anymore parking structures. Parking is already a problem, I hope they rectify that. It will end up being like San Francisco if they don't put in some parking plans. And we all know how irritating it is to find parking in The City.

Now I'm thinking of taking a nap. Yep, it's definitely nap time:)

No comments: