Friday, January 13, 2006

Drill, Swim, Excellent

Last night I headed down to the San Jose State pool for a much needed swim. I gotta tell ya it was so great it was good:D Starting off with drills is definitely the way to go for me. Ever since I took the TI clinic and learned to swim the right way, it's always easier to get back into the groove after a long hiatus.

So, drills....I know some of you think they're worthless, but I have to disagree. I'm not suggesting to spend half of your workout on the drills, but at least a 10 minute warmup with them has many benefits. The thing I get the most out of it is that they put me right into the correct balance and form right away when I start my workout. If I don't do the drills, it takes about 15 minutes for me to get into the "groove" and on form.

I did my workout and it felt so good to be back in the water. Yay for me:) I think my training for the '06 season has officially started!

3 comments:

eat stuff said...

I have just been getting into swimming laps again, and I love it!
You should see the ocean pool, it is beautiful!

Cliff said...

I have been doing TI drills for the past month and finally now i start to incorporate them into my freestyle.

it's only fuel said...

Clare: I completely envy your swimming grounds! Whenever we get to Sydney I defintely want to visit you:)

Cliff: Doesn't it just feel good? Really gets you ready for your main workout:)