Monday, February 28, 2005

Steak or Cereal?

After work, Les and I went to the gym together for the first time in about a year. I am so proud of him too, he spent about 25 minutes on the treadmill doing the hill program at 6.5 mph! That's tough work for a first time out! Since my body still feels a bit like mincemeat from the race on Sunday, I just did 30 minutes of weights working my arms.

Les said he was feeling a bit queasy after his workout (not surprising!) so I wasn't sure what to make for dinner. I had some really nice T-Bone steaks ready to go, but wanted to see if he'd eat them. So, we stood in front of the open refrigerator door and stared at those mammoth pieces of beautiful meat for a few seconds. I eventually asked Les, "What do you want for dinner? Steak or Cereal?". He looked at me like I was just a tad insane and said that cereal should never ever be a choice!

I seasoned the steak with Morton's Hot Salt and cooked it in my handy-dandy grill pan. Set a Japanese Eggplant under the broiler with a cubed sweet potato. Mixed up a cucumber/tomato/yogurt salad. Sauteed some shrooms to serve along side the steak.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Hey, cereal is always a good choice! Especially if it's a whole grain cereal.

Mmm.... steak... I only get it once a month or so, since Larry hardly ever eats beef.

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! I also have a site about clip art wine and cheese
. You can check it out at clip art wine and cheese



Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder