Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Anniversary Dinner

Today marks the third year of the hubby and me being married blissfully. I am so incredibly lucky to have him to share my life with. He truly is my life, my love, my everything and I know that I will love him with all I am forever and a day and even longer than that.

I want to tell you how thoughful my hubby is and why he is such a stud. 1) He actually takes the time to figure out what each year's anniversary gifts are and 2) he acts upon them. The first anniversary gift is paper so he bought me a book of Oragami! The second anniversary is cotton so he bought me a yellow cotton t-shirt with the very first note he ever wrote me ironed on the front! The third year is leather so he bought me a pair of leather gloves for our trip to England in January. See, told you he's a total stallion! I can't wait for our 60th...that's when I get diamonds:D Hey...he's set the presidence already...can't change the rules now:D

I wanted to make him a yummy dinner because he has been working so hard and he takes such good care of me and our furry children. I greeted him when he came home with a kiss and a Guiness Draft and set to cooking our anniversary feast:D

Hors d'Oeuvres -
Shrimp and fresh cocktail sauce - the easiest thing to make ever! Ketchup and horseradish sauce...lots of horseradish:)

Salad -
Spinach salad with grape tomatoes, hearts of palm and citrus ginger dressing (from "Fast Entrees" by Hugh Carpenter book that Sheri bought me for xmas, thanks Sheri!). I tasted the dressing each step of the way with my new tasting spoons that I took out of my new tasting spoon bowl...that Sheri also got me for xmas:D

Main Course -
Grilled New York Strip topped with marinated mushrooms. Broccoli with Fontana and Havarti cheeses topped with crisp crackers and a twice baked yam.


Dessert -
Rich Chocolate Mousse...half semi-sweet and half bittersweet chocolate...all Ghirardelli. This was my second ever attempt at mousse and I am proud to say that this was nice...nice...nice. Les couldn't bring himself to eat the heart, so he ate everything he possibly could and made the structure unsafe for future building. His mousse has been condemned!

3 comments:

Recovering Alumni said...

How sweet! Sounds like you have a great husband as well. :) The shirt with the note on it is one of the most thoughtful presents I've ever heard of.

Sheri said...

Mmmm..... happy anniversary!

Sara said...

That salad looks fantastic! Happy anniversary!