Saturday, December 10, 2005

Sleeping All Day

That's what today was all about. For some reason I just had to do it. I woke up at 7:30am like normal and then fell right back asleep until 11am. Then the hubby and I lazed on the couch all day watching Food Network and National Geographic Channels.

I managed to get off of the couch around 2pm to make an incredible lunch. It's amazing what you can put together when you don't have much in the fridge. I made a carrot risotto figole. Carrots, white beans, risotto rice and some butter and olive oil and broth. I had some canadian back bacon in the freezer so I threw that in as well. I topped it all with the last of the cumin gouda and a sweet chile pepper sauce. Yum. It's all gone, I've never seen Les get up for seconds with last bite from the first serving still in his mouth!

After lunch, I watched a little more tv and then went back to bed until just before 6pm. Now I finally feel rested! I think my body needs more recovery time from all the gym work I've been doing the past couple of weeks. I've really been hitting it hard, lots of weights and cardio combined. I can feel my body becoming stronger, now I've just gotta start my base training to get the fat off. Long Steady (not necessarily slow) Distance...I'm calling for you buddy....get out of bed!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I'm spending my off-season bulking up. With fat, of course. :)