Sunday, December 04, 2005

Potato Leek Soup

Last week, I made some scrumptious potato leek soup with inspiration from Sara at I like to cook. Les and I picked some big leeks up from the Santana Row Farmer's Market along with little red potatoes. This soup was so easy to make I can't believe it's taken me so long to decide to try it.

Although I do appreciate this potato soup recipe, I will NOT EVER attempt the Penis Stew recipe that she has posted (for fun)...for the love of god some folks come up with some crazy shit to eat! Anything that calls for penis and the need to scald it is just plain wrong.

Sautee the leeks with olive oil, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper. Add potatoes and about 4 cups of broth to the saute and simmer until the potatoes are tender. Then puree in a blender or food processor with heavy cream. I served this with more cream and a sprig of parsley. Yum.

1 comment:

Sara said...

That soup is my very favorite. I'm glad you gave it a try. I am also glad you decided to skip the stew recipe!!!!

Happy birthday!