Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Homemade Pasta Sauce

You have to admit that this is much better than last night's meal, right? Oh, yes it is. I like my pasta sauce to be a bit spicy and salty. I had a hard time getting it right tonight. Something was just not right. Les liked it a lot though.

Lean ground beef, onions, LOTS of garlic, salt, oregano, dried chile flakes, flat leaf parsley, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste. I also added a tiny bit of brown sugar and a splash of white balsamic vinegar too.

To me, this is the perfect consistency, but I would have liked it just a bit saltier. I think I would have overdone it though...not everyone loves salt the way I do. I would marry it if I weren't already happily married to my Englishman that is also a genius:)

1 comment:

Sixteen Chickens said...

Yep, that is definitely the perfect consistancy! It even looks salty in the picture, how'd you do that? The good thing about photos of food... they are 100% calorie free! :)