Sunday, October 23, 2005

BLT and RRP!

I made Les a BLT, it was beautiful.but felt it needed something else...Roasted Red Peppers! I toasted whole grain wheat bread and put a thin layer of mayo on them. Then in my typical sandwich fashion, I piled the bread high on both sides with equal amounts of bacon, lettuce (romaine), tomato (beefsteak) and red peppers. I also made him a cup of miso soup. He was happy.

I, on the other hand, had a giant salad with many many veggies and nothing bad. After reading Jillian Michaels' "Winning by Losing - Drop the Weight, Change Your Life" last night I am completely motivated to stop the binge eating, bad eating, emotional and bored eating and just get back into my damn self! The way she wrote this book was amazingly clever. It was like she was having a personal appointment with you and kept you interested the entire time. I read it in three hours. Anyway, after all the books on nutrition I've read and the nutrition seminars and the consultation at SMI...I know what to do, I just have a problem putting it all into focus. Thanks to Jillian, I've got clarity and can concentrate on the fact that a calorie is a calorie and no matter what they look like, more have to leave my body rather than enter. I can do this! I also got an idea as to why with all the training I do, I'm not dropping any weight. Now I know and now it stops!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. i've looked over your last few blogs and i have a feeling that we are of the same mind when it comes to food, cooking and weight loss... which is why benny had to take over cooking responsibilities in our house. i used to cook up some mean enchiladas, lasagna and pot roast. now? now we eat fish (awesome) with baby red potatoes and asparagus. thank goodness the "old man" knows how to cook because the only way i cook is with lots of fat. yummy!

Lara said...

Okay, well, I tried to read the entire post, but now I'm super hungry based on your first paragraph and must go make a sandwich. :)