Thursday, October 27, 2005

Chicken Roulades and Pumpkin Cloise

I had a meeting AFTER work tonight...what the hell is that all about? Well, my department hosted a Diversity Roundtable panel discussion on women in business. It's a great concept...but DAMN...why not during work hours.

So I was grateful for the foresight I had last night when I roasted a pumpkin for use later....today!

I learned how to make Chicken Roulades from Sheri when she made them for me and the hubby a while back. They were completely delicious and yummy and scrummy and felt good in the tummy! I executed them perfectly if I do say so myself.

The pumpkin cloise was supposed to be pumpkin gnocci, but I changed my mind at the last moment....not that there is much difference, but cloise sounds better to me since I'm of German descent:) I mashed the pumpkin and then added some pumpkin pie spice and a touch of turbinado sugar. Then I added flour and egg whites until it all came together in a firm but spongy ball. I split it into three sections and rolled it into long logs 1" in diameter. I cut the log into 1" pieces and then popped them into boiling water. They're done when they float easily. As if that weren't enough cooking, I threw them into a large saucepan with butter and sage leaves....made them nice and crispy and yum yum yum!

For dessert, I made something 100% from a Fine Cooking recipe!!! Jumbo Cranberry Oatmeal Jumbles Fine Cooking, November 2005. The recipe doesn't yield that many. But what the hell do I need with more cookies anyway?! Sheri...if you're a good girl, I might send some with Les to work tomorrow:)

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I don't really like dried fruit in cookies. Especially raisins. Dried cranberries aren't as bad. But I did try a piece of a cookie, and ate around the fruit. Yum!