Sunday, October 09, 2005

Quick Curry

This was my first curry ever. Quite nice tasting, a little bit spicy.

First I browned some lean pork and removed it from the pan after just brown. Then, I sauteed onions, garlic and ginger. Then I added chicken broth and brought it to a boil. In went a little bit of flour to thicken it up. I added the pork back in and added two heaping tablespoons of curry powder.

What I liked best about this was the spicy basmati rice. I roasted some coriander seeds, cumin seeds and mustard seeds in a saucepan. Then I added the basmati rice and water. Using the trick that Sheri taught me last month: When the rice is done, wrap a towel around the lid and cover the pot. The towel absorbs the steam and keeps the rice separate and fluffy. I dislike it when my rice sticks together, problem solved thanks to Sheri:)

1 comment:

Sheri said...

You are welcome. :)