Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Sloppy Polenta

I was seriously craving sloppy joes tonight, but didn't want to put it on the usual bun. I made my own sweet and spicy sauce (proprietary blend...I will not tell you what it consists of...mostly because I don't remember what's in it:P). I sauteed onions and garlic and browned the turkey meat then added the sauce.

I cooked the polenta and added a couple of tablespoons of molassis (I LOVE molassis) to tie it in with flavors in the sauce. I transferred the polenta from the stove into the oven so it would get nice and firm.

I topped the polenta with the sloppy turkey and served it with spinach tossed in sesame oil and kosher salt.

I have a guilty confession to make about dessert: I actually bought one of those Betty Crocker Warm Delights - Molten Chocolate Cake. I tried splitting it with Les but he didn't like it. I didn't mind it....even though it was pretty bad...I was just totally into the chocolate fudge action. I had to force myself to stop eating it and threw half of it away. Good for me for not eating the entire 370 calorie dessert:D

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Polenta, yummmm. I could eat it by the pound.