Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Cauliflower Thai Soup

Oh yes, this was good! I always wanted to make something with coconut milk....had no idea when or how that was going to happen. I was fearful. I didn't know what to expect. Then I remembered a recipe from my friend Dave that has coconut milk in it and I just went for it.

I didn't follow the recipe exactly because that just goes against my every grain. Following the rules is never any fun:D AND...the recipe is vegetarian...and I need meat. Need meat!

Into the pot went garlic, ginger, potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, and parsnips and cooked until tender. Then I added some broth, coconut milk, lemon juice and fish sauce. As if that weren't enough, I threw in some chicken I had leftover from last night. Yum:)

This recipe is posted on iamkt.com.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Chunky or smooth? I love coconut milk.