Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Cauliflower Thai Soup

Oh yes, this was good! I always wanted to make something with coconut milk....had no idea when or how that was going to happen. I was fearful. I didn't know what to expect. Then I remembered a recipe from my friend Dave that has coconut milk in it and I just went for it.

I didn't follow the recipe exactly because that just goes against my every grain. Following the rules is never any fun:D AND...the recipe is vegetarian...and I need meat. Need meat!

Into the pot went garlic, ginger, potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, and parsnips and cooked until tender. Then I added some broth, coconut milk, lemon juice and fish sauce. As if that weren't enough, I threw in some chicken I had leftover from last night. Yum:)

This recipe is posted on iamkt.com.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Chunky or smooth? I love coconut milk.

Anonymous said...

San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love car truck then you will want to be there! All kinds of car truck will be in attendance. For more information go to car truck
See Ya There!!