Monday, October 03, 2005

Carmelized Onions

While on our bike ride over Marin Headlands, Sheri and I talk about everything. Of course, the conversation turned to food and she gave me an idea of what to do with all of the onions I have in my house.

My mom brought me a lot of onions from a local farmer near her home in Placerville. She told me that when she's got lots of onions, she puts them into a pot to reduce down and carmelize. Then she puts them on sandwiches and Oh how Les and I love carmelized onions, so that's exactly what I did.

This was the building point of tonights dinner. I bought some really yummy buns from Trader Joe's and topped them with chili, cheese and the onions. I boiled and salted edamame for the side.

Les wanted ice cream for dessert. Yes, LES wanted ice cream but I didn't stop him. We drove to PW Market and bought two kinds of Clover Stornetta: Cookies and Cream for me and Pralines and Cream for Les:)

1 comment:

Sheri said...

They look yummy! I love onions like this. Did Huggy make you eat the ice cream?