Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Harvest Polenta and Steamed Salmon

I've been feeling guilty about not eating enough fish lately, so while I was on my way home I stopped at Mitsuwa Market. They are an Asian supermarket, so the fish is always fresh and Grade A because they like the sushi:D

I seasoned the salmon with salt, pepper and wasabi powder. Then I wrapped it with a bunch of cilantro and placed it in the steamer for about 40 minutes.

While that was cooking, I made some polenta on the stovetop and transfered it to the oven to get really firm. I pressed a leaf-shaped cookie cutter into the polenta because I'm feeling a bit festive these days. I really love the fall....it's my favorite time of year and I get really excited for cooking Thanksgiving dinner with my Mom. Oh, and not to mention pumpkin everything!

I roasted an acorn squash and make a sort of Raita to serve over the salmon as well as thinly sliced cucumbers.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I love, love, love polenta. And salmon. You know, I used to hate salmon! I still don't like it some ways.